Friday 19 November 2010

Street Spotted: Designer - Hildur Yeoman

While out-and-about in London doing a spot of street-style hunting, I happened to bump into Hildur Yeoman, fashion designer and illustrator.


It was her quirky style that made me stop her, though namely her array of electric blue crochet and beaded necklaces. It was only after a little small-talk I realised the woman I stopped was the actual designer of these necklaces, and was in London sorting business with a couple new suppliers of her most recent collection. I have to admit, I had never heard of her before this meeting, but having come home and done my research into her work - she is one extremely talented lady!

...Also loving the fact that she had been shopping at Rockit, Covent Garden - one of my top picks of London vintage stores.

© Natalie Green


Hildur has decided to do one collection of accessories a year, with her most recent one featuring crochet swans, beads and - from her previous collection - crochet poodles!






To shop Hildur Yeoman, click here.

Most recently, Hildur collaborated with fashion photographer Saga Sigurðardóttir. Her styling and illustrations were merged with Sigurðardóttir's photography to create a magical world inspired by greek mythology and russian fairy tales. The end results are gorgeous and are an innovative merge of two separate artistic talents - wouldn't mind a print myself! Below are just a few examples.







1 comment:

  1. The last photo is stunning!! So creative and talented! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete