Sunday 26 September 2010

Manolo's New Shoes

© Amazon

As part of my 21st birthday gift from the family, I received this beautiful collection of Manolo Blahnik sketches. Designing since 1971, Blahnik is synonymous for exceptionally crafted shoes that are unique and objects of pure desire. Each design starts with these colourful sketches, that have become as sought after as the shoes themselves. 

Homing in on his current inspirations and desires, the volume is organised under such titles as 'Africa', 'Architecture' and 'Botany'. It really is intriguing to see how such a talent translates outside influences into their work, and it is something that I would love to pursue. 

For anyone who appreciates art and fashion, this really is a gorgeous book to own. 

© freakdelux

Of course, to see the best of Manolo, we only need to turn our attention to the Sex and the City girls. I really do need to train myself to last in heels. Second to that, I think I need to go shopping!

© twistedphysics.typepad




1 comment:

  1. These photos are beautiful. Lovely blog, you have a new follower =) Take a look at my blog an maybe follow back if you like it?

    Love, Nicky
    at: fashion-fruitcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete